Thursday, October 30, 2008

That other ABA

Tonight, the Asian Business Association (not the dredded American Bar Association) held its annual banquet honoring business leaders in the Asian business community. We were in attendance to support Mr. Blog's colleges who were recieving an award!
I'll spare you the details, suffice it to say it was a typical (meaning "dry") business award banquet, but... a brilliant member of the planning committee booked KABA Modern to perform (I was surprised because if I had to find entertainment for 300 middle aged Asian business people I probably would not have booked a street dancing crew)! I LOVE KABA MODERN! *LOVE* They are amazing live too; they did their gunshot and Michael Jackson routines! (I made Mr. Blog sneak up next to the stage to take pictures)
(For you non-MTV junkies, KABA Modern placed second on the first season of America's Best Dance Crew; this is a clip from the show - dancing starts about 1 minute in)

Oh and check out what Toyota (the evening's sponsor) provided for us:
Portable chopsticks! Now I'm ready to eat anywhere! All in all, a good night! Congratulations Mr. Blog and Company!

1 comment:

lauren bergold said...

ok, THOSE are the coolest chopsticks EVER! (tho it must be said that i am SUCH a cheap date when it comes to miniature product which has its own carrying case! how very barbie travel set i am!!!) :)