Thursday, September 18, 2008

Current...

Obsessions:
1. Leanne Marshall's collection for fashion week: I'm loving how she makes harsh geometric shapes look soft and feminine. Also loving the fact that she's from Portland!
(see the entire collection via NYMag.com where these pictures came from)

2. Weekend Designer: I realize this blog has been around for a while, but I just found it yesterday, okay? =P Seriously though, this man breaks down the most beautiful designer couture into the easiest steps for the home sewer! I want to make all of these:
(follow along at the wkdesign blog)

3. Snapfish collage prints: We've all seen the collage posters that most online photo services offer, but Snapfish offers the same collage in a mini 4"x6" print (which is the perfect mini-book size). I putting most of my 2007 photo library into these collage prints and making a mini-book for my coffee table (don't worry, I didn't abandon traditional scrapbooking; all the major vacations are still on 12"x12"). All the collages above are examples! Make your own here.


Anticipations:
[Sunday] The Emmys: I'm going. What should I wear?!

(all dresses from shopbop.com)
(also all dresses I can't afford; these are for drooling purposes only)

[Thursday] Oregon State football: I mean Trojan football... whatever, it's my two favorite teams battling on the field. We all remember what happened 2 years ago...

Melancholy:
A favorite professor has passed away. My thoughts are with his family.

1 comment:

Saucy said...

Darling,

I went to the Emmys in 2004. Black was all the rage that year... you should do colour, for sure.

PS. I think I am in love with your blog. Is that a blog crush?

Saucy