Thursday, October 9, 2008

Score!

I missed the last Caardvarks challenge, but I got my act together for this one!

Caardvarks Challenge #35: Score! challenged us to make a card using a creative scoring technique. The prize is a mini-Scor-It Board!! This thing creates the perfect fold everytime and the scoring tool is attached to the board so I can't ever lose it! I so need one!!

My card is to celebrate the engagement of a good friend of mine. For my special "scoring" technique, I decided to make an endless wedding knot from a long strip of cardstock. There was a lot (lot) of measuring and angular scoring and a little weaving involved. This is actually my second knot because I mis-scored the first knot! I really could have used that Scor-It Board (*hint*hint* Caardvarks team!).

The front:
Close up: Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

lauren bergold said...

OH WOW!!!

ok, if you don't win--which seems unlikely* considering how VERY COOL this is, but still--if somehow you don't win...you can come and borrow *my* SCOR-IT board...on the condition that you teach me HOW TO DO THIS!!! :)


(*the actual CAARDVARKS generally have nowt to do w/choosing winners; the sponsor picks!)

Anonymous said...

OMG! How did you make that? It is so intricate and beautiful! Great card!