Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"Problems"

[note: before I start ranting about the silly, inane inconveniences in my life, I'd like to point out that I do appreciate the fact that I have it pretty good: I have amazing people in my life, I'm in good health, I don't have any money so I didn't lose as much with the current economy crisis, etc., so thank you, world, for that. =)]

Problem: I've been a student for the last 20 years.
Problem: I've been wearing the same size clothes since high school.
Problem: I am a packrat.

You know happens when you're a penniless, stunted, student-packrat? You accumulate a lot (a lot) of clothes that begin with word "tee" or "sweat." And you know what types of "tees" and "sweats" are allowed at my office? No types.

Thus, I'm stuck with the proverbial problem of having a closet full of clothes and nothing to wear. [insert more whining here]

Because I can't buying any clothes (see "student debt" and "failing economy"), I'm doing the next best thing: Polyvore.com. This site is so addictive (this is worse than facebook; are any of you on it? add me!); I LOVE IT! You scour the internet for all your favorite items of clothing (or any image), add them to your stash, and put them together in glamorous magazine-style layouts. It's like having a big closet! (except that I don't own any of the clothes in it... so they just stare me in the face every time I log in... mocking me... wait, why do I like this site again?)

So, I dream (click on each set for details).

Out of my league ($13,800)


Working Goal ($2090, but I can save myself $1200 by dropping the shoes and the enamel bracelet)


Settling ($77 without the pants; but, I already own those so I'm allowed to use them in this outfit)

2 comments:

Saucy said...

You need to check out the "wardrobe refashion" blogs out there... I've seen them. I wish I had a link for you. They're all about re-styling what you already have, you penniless student with a cute figure.

lauren bergold said...

...on the other hand...you have absolutely **SUPERB** taste!!! :)